||1991 MX-5 Miata
||Door Glass-to-Hard top interference
The door glass may be adjusted too high on some 1991 MX-5
models with hard tops. This results in contact between the
door glass and hard top when the window is up. Adjustments to
correct this have been made during production since January
If this sympton is encountered, perform the repair
procedures as outlined in this bulletin.
Vins of Production Change
JM1NA351*M1223636 - January 7, 1991
- Remove the door trim and top portion of the door
screen according to procedures in section S of
the Workshop Manual.
- Adjust upper door glass stops.
- Lower the door glass 10mm (3/8 in) from
full up position.
- Loosen both upper door glass stops. Figure
- Lower both upper stops 3mm (1/8 in) and
tighten the bolts. Figure 2.
- Raise the door glass completely.
Note: When the door glass is raised, both
glass stops must contact the upper stop
at the same time.
- Check the clearance between the door
glass and hard top. Proper clearance
should be 3.0 - 5.0 mm (1/8 - 1/4 in). Figure
- After adjusting, check for proper door
glass-to-weatherstip sealing with the door
- Install the door trim and top portion of door.
| Figure 1:
Adjusting Door Glass
| Figure 2:
Lower Both Upper Stops 3mm (1/8 in)
| Figure 3:
Checking Door Glass-to-Hard Top Clearance
Back to Service Bulletins